ONA – Oregon Nurses Association
AEA – Arizona Education Association
CTA – California Teachers Association
NEA – National Education Association (Nationwide)
Nominee must be an employee or retired employee of:
UNM – University of New Mexico
UIndy – University of Indianapolis
UC – University of California
CSU – California State University
OR be employed by a member institution of the following groups:
AICCU – Association of Independent California Colleges and Universities
AICUO – Association of Independent Colleges and Universities of Ohio
CCIC - Connecticut Conference of Independent Colleges
AHPA - Arizona Highway Patrol Association
CSLEA - California Statewide Law Enforcement Association
CA Other - SDCDSA, SJPOA, SPOA, SJDSA, SCCDSA, SMPOA
CAHP - California Association of Highway Patrolmen
IPOA - Idaho Peace Officers Association
PORAC - Police Officers Research Association of California
CPPA - Colorado Police Protective Association
MNOA - Missouri Narcotics Officers Association
OPBA - Ohio Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association
OPOA - Oregon Peace Officers Association
OSPOA - Oregon State Police Officers Association
CLEAT – Combined Law Enforcement Associations of Texas
WAFOP - Washington State Fraternal Order of Police
WPOA - Wyoming Peace Officers Association
UPOA - Utah Peace Officers Association
PFFA - Professional Firefighters of Arizona
CSFA - California State Firefighters Association
CSFFA - Colorado State Fire Fighters Association
IFA – Illinois Firefighter’s Association
IVFA – Indiana Volunteer Firefighters Association
KSFFA - Kansas State Firefighters Association
KPFF - Kentucky Professional Firefighters
LSFA – Louisiana State Firemen’s League
MSFA – Maryland State Firemen’s Association
FFAM - Fire Fighters Association of Missouri
NSVFA - Nebraska State Volunteer Firefighters Association
OSFA – Ohio State Firefighter’s Association
OAEMS – Ohio Association of EMS
OVFA - Oregon Volunteer Firefighters Association
RISFL – Rhode Island State Association of Firefighters
SFFMA - State Firemen’s and Fire Marshals’ Association of Texas
WSFFA - Washington State Fire Fighters Association
WFC – Washington Fire Chiefs
WSPTA - Washington State Patrol Troopers Association
WPFA – Western Pennsylvania Firemen’s Association
PFFU – Professional Firefighters of Utah
Employees of Sponsors, the Sponsors’ parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and agents and the immediate family (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents) of each such employees, and all those with whom such employees are domiciled, are NOT eligible.
2. Timing: Contest begins at 12:00:01 a.m. E.T. on Monday, January 1, 2016. The “Hero of the Month” award nominations end at 11:59:59 p.m. E.T. on or around December 18th, 2016.
3. How to Nominate: Visit http://www.NominateMyHero.com and fill in required entry information. Individuals may make multiple nominations. Additional weight will be given to nominations that follow up the initial entry with supporting information and/or content.
4. Winner Selection: This contest will have (12) monthly winners. Monthly winners will selected from a pool of eligible entries maintained by the sponsors. An eligible entry is defined as one received within 6 months of the date of the monthly selection. Each Nominee selected as a potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements. For the prize, a potential winner will be selected by California Casualty based off of the content provided in their nomination. If a tie-breaker is needed as an online voting system will be employed to determine the monthly winner. The monthly winner(s) will be selected on the last day of each month (beginning on 1/31) by the sponsors, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Potential winners will be notified by e-mail or mail as soon as possible after selection. 1. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within fourteen (7) days after the first attempt to contact such potential winner, an alternate Nominee will be selected in his or her place.
5. Prizes: The following prizes will be awarded: Monthly winners each receive a $250 Visa® gift card and a trophy or plaque. The individual who nominates the monthly winner will also receive a $50 Visa® gift card. Total Approximate Retail Value of All Prizes: $5,500. Sponsors are not responsible for lost or mutilated prizes and none will be replaced. Prize is nontransferable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by Sponsors in the event that the prize cannot be awarded for any reason, in which case, Sponsors will provide a prize of equal or greater value. All fees and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of winner. Winner is responsible for all taxes on prizes, including federal, state and local income taxes on the value of the prizes.
6. Other Terms and Conditions: Potential winners will each be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release, within fourteen (14) days of notification, failing which the potential winner will be disqualified and another winner selected in the place of the disqualified person at random from all entries received. If any prize or prize notification is returned as non-deliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified and another potential winner will be selected in the original potential winner’s place. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees that the Sponsors and those acting under the Sponsor’s authority, may use winner’s name, picture/portrait likeness and/or voice, for advertising and promotional purposes without further consideration, unless prohibited by law. BY ACCEPTING THE PRIZE, THE WINNER AGREES THAT THE SPONSORS, THEIR SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND ALL OF THE SPONSOR’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND WILL BE HELD HARMLESS BY WINNER FOR ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST OR PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITY. Subject to all federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited.
7. Miscellaneous: All nominations become the sole property of Sponsors and none will be returned. In the event of a dispute, nominations made by Internet will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The “authorized account holder” is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsors with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. If for any reason the contest is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsors reserves the right in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsors are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsors on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to Nominee’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Contest. Sponsors are not responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, stolen, or misdirected entries. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11. Winners List: A complete and ongoing list of prize winners will be available at http://www.NominateMyHero.com on or about December 1, 2014. Sponsors: The Sponsor of this Contest is California Casualty Management Company, 1900 Alameda de Las Pulgas, San Mateo, CA 94403